In this hands-on course, you will practice creative writing with a view to heal your life and emotions and be able to express yourself creatively. The course is divided into six core sections, for a total of 54 writing activities, a bonus section, containing a four-step creative process to get soulful story ideas.
When you sign up, you are embarking on a whole transformational journey that will lead you on the other side of low self-esteem, lack of focus, a sense of purposelessness, feeling stuck or anxious to the safe shore of self-confidence, sharp focus, clarity of purpose, and renewed wellbeing and self-knowledge.
Ideally, you are going to work with the course activities for 52 weeks or about a year. You can also finish the course in 6 months, although the work may be intense. Each session may require between 20 minutes and one hour of writing.
The videos are very short and describe the activity you have to undertake.
The activities are connected and should be done in the given order. They are based on the theory and practice of creative therapeutic writing and are devised to give you a complete healing experience through writing: to facilitate your process towards inner freedom, self-compassion and awareness.
This is a practical course. As James W. Pennebaker and other researchers have shown, the benefits of writing are manifold.
You will improve your mood and your self-esteem;
You will relieve chronic pain;
You will improve your memory;
You will increase your emotional intelligence, empathy and self-awareness.
Enrol today and enjoy the well-being and the freedom that come from authentic self-expression.
The results of seriously engaging with the course are:
- bringing to the surface, acknowledging and healing your inner wounds and memories
- moving on and being able to be in the present moment
- allowing a sense of possibility and playfulness in your daily life
- expressing your truths
- enhancing your creativity and imagination
- being in charge of your responses to external triggers
- moving from a place of victimhood and reactive action to a place of self-awareness and self-possession, a place where you choose your responses and actions
- overcoming a sense of isolation and anxiety and discovering your resilience
- discovering your resources in unexpected or overlooked inner places
- getting acquainted with and truly appreciating your best friend: yourself
- exploring your potential and envisioning your possible future
- improving your writing craft
- having fun being creative!
- Write Yourself Free Section 1 Workbook
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-1-Lecture-1-In Front Of A Roaring Sea.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-1-Lecture-2-Visionary World Convention.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-1-Lecture-3-Alternative Tones.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-1-Lecture-4-The Mirror.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-1-Lecture-5-Mirror Dialogue.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-1-Lecture-6-Expectations Mask 1.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-1-Lecture-7-Expectations Mask 2.
- Write Yourself Free Section 2 Workbook
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-2-Lecture-8-Shame and Guilt.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-2-Lecture-11-Mixed Feelings.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-2-Lecture-12-Letter To Self.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-2-Lecture-14-First-Person Narrative.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-2-Lecture-15-Third-Person Narrative.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-2-Lecture-16-Gentle Advice.
- Write Yourself Free Section 3 Workbook
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-3-Lecture-17-Child Make-Believe.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-3-Lecture-18-Story Creation From Mixed Lists.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-3-Lecture-19-The Guiding Hand.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-3-Lecture-21-A Sudden Realization.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-3-Lecture-22-Feeling Stuck.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-3-Lecture-23-Feeling Bored.
- Write Yourself Free Section 4 Workbook
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-4-Lecture-24-Self-Observation Through Journaling.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-4-Lecture-25-Observing Other People.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-4-Lecture-26-Mixing And Matching.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-4-Lecture-27-What About Fate?
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-4-Lecture-28-Out Of Place.
- Write-Yourself-Free-Section-4-Lecture-29-The Bag Of Dreams.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 4- Lecture 30-Story Writing From Personal Memories.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 4- Lecture 31-Waking Dream Scripting.
- Write Yourself Free Section 5 Workbook
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 32-Against Writer's Block, Story Beginning.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 33-Against Writer's Block, Story Development.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 34-Against Writer's Block, Crafting A Story From A Story End.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 35-Emotions As Fuel For Story Writing.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 36-Story Re-Writing.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 37-Characterization.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 38-Improving-The-Craft-Of-Dialogue.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 39-The Arc Of Story.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 40-Plotting.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 5- Lecture 41-Amplification.
- Write Yourself Free Section 6 Workbook
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6-Lecture 42-Re-Authoring Your Story.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 43-Re-Spinning Your Story.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 44-Identity Shift.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 45-Life Metaphors.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 46-First-Person Story.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 47-Butterfly Mission.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 48-Writing Your Vision Statement.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 49-Write And Ready Your Own Fairy-Tale.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 50-Letter From Your Child-Self.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 51-Life Profession.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 52-Haiku Writing.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 53-The Observer Self.
- Write Yourself Free. Section 6- Lecture 54-The Inner Witness.
About the instructor
I am a teacher, expressive arts facilitator and writer.
I consider myself a lifelong seeker, learner and researcher.
My love of creativity and the imagination has led me to explore several practices and strands of thought, both in my studies and in my teaching, through literature, fiction, poetry and mythology, anthropology, storytelling, therapeutic and creative writing, philosophy and spirituality, counselling and expressive arts therapy.
I have a PhD in Comparative Literature and an M Sc in Social Anthropology from British universities. I also have a Certificate in Therapeutic Writing Practice, qualifications in Expressive Arts Therapy and Counselling. I also am a Certified Artbundance Coach with a focus on creativity, spirituality, motivation and goal achievement.